Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

Our week was filled with Thanksgiving preparations. Gil was actually home this year for Thanksgiving which is the best thing we could have asked for. We had over our friends Lauren and Makaela for Thanksgiving dinner. Sadly Makaela's daddy had to work but we made him a nice full plate of leftovers.

Gil is working 9 straight days so he wasn't around to help prepare Thanksgiving so this was my first going at it alone. Since I knew this ahead of time I started cooking on Tuesday so I wouldn't be to busy to really enjoy Thanksgiving. I cleaned on Wednesday and by Thursday all I had to do was cook the turkey.

I had one minor setback when it came to the turkey (I accidentally canceled the oven so it sat in a cold oven for 2 hrs) but luckily I gave myself such a large cooking window that the turkey was still done right on time.

Over all I think the whole day went really well. Gil got home a little earlier than he though and we enjoyed a nice night with Lauren and Makaela. The girls were exhausted by the end...which meant a good nights sleep in prep for Black Friday.

I don't normally Black Friday shop but Lauren and I thought we would go and see what we could find. We left the midnight shopping to the serious shoppers and instead came after the crowds around 7. Arriving at 7 couldn't have been more perfect, the stores were still stocked but there weren't any crowds. We found a few good things but more importantly we just had fun going out for the day.

And last but not least Friday Photo Dump...one day late due to Black Friday.

No comments: