Friday, December 2, 2011

Advent Calendar

Or as Gil is calling it, "The Christmas Countdown Calendar."

I finished it just in time. We started our first activity last night which was to start our Christmas puzzle (which is one of my favorite holiday activities.)

I wouldn't consider myself the craftiest person but I think it turned out really well. I got the idea for the calendar here. I used theirs as a general guide then went to craft stores to find things that would help decorate it. I ended up using envelopes as my pockets, (sealing them then cutting the shorter end to open it) scrapbook paper to decorate along with Christmas theme stickers.

Our activities include things like, drive to see Christmas lights, have a picnic in front of the Christmas tree, make Christmas cookies, watch a Christmas movie and have homemade popcorn, take a toy to Toys for Tots and make popcorn and cranberry garland, to name just a few.

I look forward to the years to come as our family grows and we create wonderful Christmas memories and traditions each and every day of December.

Happy December!

No comments: