Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rock Climbing in Joshua Tree

Gil and I decided for Christmas we would buy rock climbing gear. We bought it early and got the chance today to take it all for a test run.

One of the Marines Gil works with climbs all the time and his wife loves kids; so we all headed to JTNP today to do a bit of climbing. Alan taught us all we needed to know and more while Monica watched Aubrie.

Aubrie took to Monica like a fish in water. It was amazing. She had a blast playing in the sand and watching Mommy and Daddy climb.

I managed to get 3 climbs in and Gil got 4 in. His last run I was able to get a little on film. He isn't happy with it though because he falls at the end. I think it is still a cool video and gives everyone an idea of what we were climbing. We definitely got beat up but it was amazing how rewarding it is! At times you get stuck and think you can't do it or that your body isn't capable of moving a certain way, then you finally find a route and once you get past that tough spot you feel so proud and amazed that you were able to do it. I can't wait for our next time out but look forward to my hands healing in the mean time.

We had a blast and are so thankful to Alan and Monica for helping us learn this new hobby. We look forward to our next time out with them. Next time we are going to pack a picnic and make a whole day of it.


Pictures should be coming in the next few days.

No comments: