After NC, MA & NH I finally ended up in Alabama for my amazing friend, Elizabeth's wedding. I was there a few days before the wedding so we had time to just hang out and relax.

I finally got to meet lovely little Molly and she was nice enough to help us make Elizabeth's bow bouquet for the rehearsal.

All the events really started on Friday. Elizabeth's grandma's threw an amazing bridal luncheon. It was at the old town jail which was turned into a really great cafe. It was really cute because they left two of the cells so you could still see the past in the present. They went all out with beautiful centerpieces and everything. It was a lot of fun for me because it was the first time that I was meeting many of the ladies. Here is a picture of all the ladies who attended the luncheon.

After the luncheon we headed home to get ready for the rehearsal. There was a little stress due to the
grooms men's vests not being on time but while we getting ready for rehearsal they finally arrived. I think the UPS guy was a little scared of us because we ran to the door and he sort of tossed the box at us. I think he was afraid we might jump him. The vests were finally the last piece of the puzzle. After the excitement of the vests we headed to the church for rehearsal, followed by the rehearsal dinner. Everything went smoothly that night and rehearsal dinner was a blast; great food and great conversation. Below is a picture of the bride and groom at rehearsal and of course Elizabeth is in her signature color...purple! Somewhat of a theme for the week.

Finally it was here, wedding day! Elizabeth, her mom, her sister and I woke up early and headed to the site of the reception to set a few things up. Once we were done it was looking pretty good. After the reception site, we stopped for some food on the way to the church to let the florist in. Our stop at Chick-
fil-A was quit an adventure. To keep it short that is the only time Elizabeth cried all day. It ended up being pretty funny once we all realized that chicken sandwiches is what pushed her over the edge. Once the florist arrived we were getting really excited because the flowers were so beautiful! We left her mom and sister at the church with the florist and Elizabeth and I headed to the hair salon. After the hair salon everything seemed to fly by. We headed home to pack up the car for the wedding. Below is a picture of me and two of the bridesmaids hanging out before the wedding.

The next 4 hours we hung out, got ready and took pictures. Everyone was so excited once Elizabeth was in her dress. She made such a beautiful bride!

The ceremony went smoothly and before we knew it we were off to the
Westin for the reception. The rest of the night was full of good food, lots of dancing and CAKE! Check out their beautiful cakes!


It was so great to not only be there for Elizabeth's wedding but be a part of it. I was so happy to be there and share in the joy of her big day. The very next day I headed back home and Elizabeth and Caleb headed to
Sonoma, CA for an amazing honeymoon full of wine and hot air balloon rides!
There are so many more pictures so if you would like to check them out go here:
Elizabeth's Wedding
No comments:
Post a Comment