Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kai's Morning at the Beach

Even though Kai is part lab, she still isn't very fond of the ocean or water in general. Bright and early every morning we have been walking down to the beach to get her use to it. I think it is working because after a week or two of walking to the beach she is becoming much more confident. She hasn't actually swam yet but she has gotten into some pretty deep water.
Today was a very successful trip. If she would have taken one more step she would have had no choice but to swim. She got all the way up to her chest. After we played in the water, I sat down on the rocks while she found a stick to chewy on.
I am hoping it won't be much longer before I can get her all the way in. It is hard since it isn't still water. She gets scared of the waves and I think mostly the noise of the crashing waves; even though where I take her they are more of a bump in the water rather than a wave. We will get there. Hopefully soon.
She is watching a bird in the sky. I like this photo. I think it is a good profile picture!

No comments: