Monday, June 1, 2009

Cary, Boston, & Westmoreland

5 Time Zones and 2 days later, I finally arrived in North Carolina for my three day visit with Sally. It was so great to see her again! It makes me really wish I lived closer to her and Elizabeth.

For those who don't know Sally is getting married August 1st...which happens to be the same day my brother is getting married. Since I can't make it to her wedding I decided to visit her before the big day. While visiting Sally we were hoping to do a few wedding things. That didn't quit work out but we still had a great time! The wedding dress ended up not coming in when it was suppose to but the invitations did! So we got to go pick those up and they are beautiful! Daniel, Sally's younger brother was in a male fashion show one night so we went to that.  We went all out and made signs and everything.  It was very amusing.  It was the first time though that I really felt old!  All the teachers that were there were my age...which was just really bizarre.  I don't feel like I have the ability to teach 18 year old kids or even to get them to listen to me.  It was just weird!  I also got a glimpse into what the wedding is going to be like; Beth did a fashion show of the bridesmaid dresses, lovely J.Crew dresses of course and Sally, Laura and I walked to the country club where the reception is going to take place.  It is a gorgeous
 ballroom with a huge chandelier and a staircase leading down to the dance floor.  It is going to be amazing!

Sadly my visit with Sally and the Cunningham's was way to short.  Three short days later we were already heading back to the airport.  It was so great to see Sally though and get a glimpse at what her wedding will be like.  

Next I was off to Boston for Anthony's (brother-in-law) graduation from Suffolk.  My parents picked me up from the airport and we immediately went back to the hotel, changed, then met up with the whole Desroches group at the Cheesecake Factory.  This trip was extra awesome because I got to meet even more Desroches family members that I hadn't met before. The draw back of the trip was his graduation was in Boston and it was FREEZING!  

Sunday was the graduation and Anthony was so nice and gave me one of the four tickets to actually go to the graduation.  I felt very honored and was glad to be there and represent for Gil.  The graduation was nice and they had some great speakers.  Right after the ceremony we headed to the docks to board our dinner cruise.  We did the same for Gil's graduation 2 years ago...but I have to say Anthony's dinner cruise was much nicer; better DJ and better food.  It was such a great night full of dancing, cake, presents and lots of pictures.  The more time I spend with the Desroches family the more I love it.  I love how Anthony and Brian consider me a sister and there were little things through out the weekend that just showed how much they consider me a part of the family.  It was a great weekend and so nice to see everybody.  

The very next day after graduation, Mom and I woke up and went to Anthropologie so I could finally spend my birthday gift card.  I got an adorable black and white cotton dress.  Then it was time to get in the car and drive home!  I was very excited to get to go home for a day...well not even a day...less than 12 hours I think.  We left Boston a little later than we thought, therefore we got home a little later than expected.  We stopped at an awesome diner on the way home where I had amazing mac'n'cheese!  Very diner-ish!  Once we got home we got ready for dinner.  My parents planned to take me and a few of my girlfriends out for Mexican.  It was so great to see the girls again.  We had a great dinner and just caught up.  Then it was home and to bed because we had to wake up the next day and drive back to the airport in Boston!  Yes, Boston!  I told you I was home for less than 12 hours!

Once back in Boston, I said goodbye to my parents and boarded a plane that would eventually take be back to Alabama...viva Ohio.  I know...I don't understand airlines either.  I was finally on my last leg of my trip and getting ready to begin the most action packed part of my trip.  Elizabeth's Wedding!  I will write a separate post for that.

Even though the next week was going to be packed with events my first week back on the mainland was a great one...full of a lot of airports and and too short of visits with friends and family.

Oh, I almost forgot.  While visiting Sally I was able to meet up with my parents really good friends Jim and Renee Bayha.  We met them when we lived in Germany and I was only 3 years old.  The last time we lived in the same place was when I was in the 6th grade in NC.  It was really bizarre to see them again but also really great.  Their kids are all grown up now which was weird because last time I saw there son he was a baby!  

Well that is it for this post.  

Onto the wedding of my little Elizabeth!

No comments: