Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful turkey day! Gil and I had a great time preparing Thanksgiving for the first time on our own. Of course it wouldn't be a great first Thanksgiving if we didn't have a great story to go along with it. No need to worry; you won't be disappointed!

We decided to come together with our new friends (Meredith and Pat) down the road this year. Since it was our first Thanksgiving together as well as theirs we still really wanted to cook all of our own dishes. So we decided to have two Thanksgivings in one. Gil and I did all of our own dishes plus the turkey and they did all of there own dishes and brought the drinks. I prepared almost everything the day before so all I had to do was heat it up on the big day. We woke up early to start on the turkey and got it in the oven at a decent time. We began basting it every 30 minutes and it was looking REALLY good when...THE POWER WENT OUT! Yes I am not kidding you; the whole entire base was out of power.
One of our other friends texted us about 20
minutes before saying their power went out and we offered them our stove since most of our stuff was done. What we didn't know then was soon we would also be losing power. We quickly came up with plan B...THE GRILL! We migrated the turkey to the grill and kept basting it. Right about when we got it settled on the grill our power came back on (it was out for about 30 minutes.) In the end it turned all great; the turkey was beautiful. We were really proud of ourselves!

We took all of our dishes over to our friends and had a very large feast! We have so much food left over it is insane! Lucky us though that means great leftovers...gravy bread, turkey sandwiches; I can't wait!

Meredith and I took a walk after dinner while the guys watch...you guessed it, football! Big surprise, right! All of the houses on the beach were packed with friends and family. Here are some pictures from our walk.
We had a great day and it was nice to share it with new friends. I hope you all had a great day with friends and family as well. Here are a few more pictures from our Thanksgiving.The pretty table Meredith set.

Dinner one (Meredith & Pats)

Dinner two (Mine and Gil's)

The Boys watching football

The girls relaxing.

Desroches Family

McFarland Family

Miss you all!


No comments: