I have never been so gung-ho about Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. I always thought it was crazy. I feel like you should enjoy and appreciate the Thanksgiving holiday and not fly right past it in anticipation of Christmas.
This year though was another story. I don't know if it is because it is our first Christmas as our own family and I am trying to make it as much like home as possible or because it just doesn't get cold and I am trying to make it feel more like Christmas. Most likely it is a combination of both.
So the day after Thanksgiving, Gil and I got into a little Ford Focus and drove through base to where they were selling Christmas trees. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how good their selection was. I assumed it would be like Belgium and we would be searching for the best Charlie Brown tree. They had three different types of trees and all price ranges. I was very impressed.
The tree ended up on top of the car....and we were going to tie it down when....
...we weren't sure how to tie it down so....if you can't tell...
...the tree ended up inside our car! Yes that's right...inside. Here is proof! Our tree getting comfy in my passenger seat!
Here is our tree with just the lights...
...the tree after being decorated; Gil putting our star on top.
...us with our first Christmas tree! Yeah!
Hope you all enjoyed the day after Thanksgiving as much as we did!
1 comment:
Oh how exciting for you guys! Mike and I have our own version of a charlie brown tree in our hotel room! Next Christmas will be much better : )
Post a Comment