Tuesday, July 31, 2012

4th of July with the McFarland's

I have been really bad about blogging this month but that is likely because we have been very busy and have had lots of visitors.  I am going to catch up and do a few different posts about our activities this month; starting with 4th of July and our visit from the McFarland's.

The McFarland's lived with us in Hawaii and came up to the desert to visit us for the 4th.  I didn't realize how much I missed them until they came and visited.  Not only do I get along great with Mer but Gil gets along and has a lot in common with Pat.  We also will always have the connection of our Hawaii born babies.  
For the 4th we also had our friends the Godby's over who were also in Hawaii and now live in the desert with us.  We had a nice BBQ and watched the babies as they reunited now as toddlers.

 We also took the McFarland's to our rock for a little rock climbing.  I they not only surprised us but I think they really surprised themselves with how well they did.  It was a great to be at the rock with people who were so excited and willing to try.  The kids had fun eating and drinking and occasionally cheering us on at the rock.

The last morning they were visiting we headed to the splash pad on base.  Sure enough, Aubrie still isn't a big fan but Parker had a great time.  The second we opened the gate he went running for the water and didn't leave till we dragged him out.  We continued the water fun at home while we got lunch ready.  They were so cute playing together.


 We really tired Parker out.  He couldn't even stay awake through lunch or Aubrie trying shaking him awake.  There was no waking poor, tired little P.

We had a great time hosting the McFarland's and miss having them live just down the road.  Hopefully we will meet up again at some point in our military careers and I hope that is sooner rather than later.



No comments: