We have been staying pretty busy since we got back to Hawaii. I started taking Aubrie to My Gym and she loves it. It is amazing to see her grow and develop with all her My Gym buddies.

Her favorite part of class is the gymnastic exercises. Here she is on a the uneven bars.
Through classes we have met several Moms and have been to two first birthday parties and out to lunch after class with a couple of the moms and babies. I think I have enjoyed socializing in class just as much as Aubrie.
I took two online photography classes through Nicole's Classes which were amazing. I learned a lot, had a lot of fun and got some great photos out of it...like this one...

The first class I took was a basic course as a refresher. It was a really great class and I learned a lot more than I expected. The second class was all about photographing infants, toddlers and children. I got some great tips for creating a in home studio and some wonderful tips for working with kids.
Aubrie has been introduced to several fruits and vegetables. Her favorite is still butternut squash. We recently tried avocado and she actually liked it. It is definitely the strongest flavor she has had so far. I also put down my mommy guard and gave Aubrie her first solid fruit, clementines. She likes to suck the juice out then pass them to me. She gets the biggest grin when I start peeling them.

To mark the 6 month milestone we had some more professional photos taken. We got a great deal through the spouses group on base and the money all went to charity. I was really happy to finally get some pictures of the two of us as well. It is a little hard to do when I am the only one here to take them. Below is one of my favorites from the shoot.

Between all these events I got a chance to get away and go see a movie. My neighbor was nice enough to watch Aubrie so I could have a night off after a very rough week of no sleep. I went to see Water for Elephants with a friend and already have my next date set for this Friday to see Something Borrowed.
Now for a few milestone updates. Aubrie has been sitting on her own for several months now. She always wants to be standing. She has almost pulled her self up on her own but I am in no hurry for her to learn that. After months of rolling over from tummy to back, Aubrie has finally decided she is ready to roll tummy to back. I knew she was able to but she was never I interested in doing it. She started last week and hasn't stopped rolling since. In big milestones....we have a tooth coming in! It hasn't cut through yet but I think it is only a matter of days (then again I have thought the tooth has been coming forever so what do I know.)
I know I say this a lot I will try to keep blogging and not let months go by again. We just got an iPad which makes it a little easier since I can do it in bed after Aubrie goes to sleep.
I leave you with a shot of Aubrie looking super chic at the beach.
Happy Mother's Day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day, Amanda! Aubrie is so blessed to have you as a mommy.
Haha, I love her bathing suit photo!
Post a Comment