Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birthday Surprise!

So imagine being 3 months pregnant, asleep for an hour when you get a phone call from a friend (3 days before your birthday) asking you to come to your front door because she has something for you.

That is exactly what happened to me last month. I was thoroughly confused but crawled out of bed and headed to the door. I opened and and guess who was there!?

None other than my Momma!
Apparently this trip had been planned since last October! It ended up working out well cause not only was Gil gone but my Dad is in Germany so we got to keep each other company and celebrate my 25th birthday.

We really didn't do much. She helped/did a lot of the cleaning of my house which was very helpful and my house has never looked better. She helped deal with a housing situation we have been working on for a while now and we went out and celebrate my birthday with a few friends.

She got to meet a new friend of mine and get to know my friends a little better over dinner.

We started my birthday with a few presents and then went to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Framaggio's. My friends, Meredith, Pat, Genevieve & Lane joined us for dinner and we had a great time. After dinner we stopped by our favorite frozen yogurt place, YoGurt Momma's as dessert. It was a really great night and I got some great gifts from my friends.

Sadly the next day I got a really bad headache which didn't go away before my mom left so we just spend the time taking Kai on walks and hanging out in the sun outback.

It was a really great time and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect gift for my birthday. It will be a birthday to remember for sure!
This is a picture of my mom and I on my birthday after dinner

Lastly I would like to announce a new blog I have created just for Baby D. So if you are interested, check it out. I will try and be good about updating it. http://baby-desroches.blogspot.com

Hope you are all doing well. Come back later this week because we will be announcing the sex of our baby!

No comments: