Sunday, October 25, 2009

Homecoming Preparations!

It won't be much longer until Gil is finally home! It is so close that I have finally begun preparing for his homecoming.

This weekend Meredith and I finished our homecoming banners and I have to say they look pretty good! On top of the massive banner I am going to make a smaller one on poster board from Kai. Here is a picture of my banner that I will be hanging up.
During the banner making process I broke my camera so thank you banner for allowing me to get a new camera!

Continuing with preparations the first meal is planned:
~Cheese & Crackers
~Scallops & Filet Mignon
~Asparagus
~Roasted Potatoes
~And a good bottle of red wine
(pretty much I needed to go to culinary school a few years ago to fulfill Gil's homecoming meal. I can figure it out though, right?...wish me luck!)

The dress is picked out, ordered and now hanging in my closet! I will be wearing this...
And last but not least for Gil's homecoming gift I am having framed his favorite photo. I am hoping to be able to pick it up this coming week!
The rest of the preparation is more mundane stuff like cleaning and bathing the puppy (who has doubled in size since Gil left!) I can't wait for him to see her again!

The countdown has officially begun!

4 comments:

Kathy Terry said...

Love the banner, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dress and I have always loved that photo. The excitement is beginning to mount! Love you.

Alyssa said...

I'm so excited for you! What's the official date that he comes home? Your meal sounds AMAZING, and your dress makes me want to go out and buy a new outfit!

Jana said...

Awww! How excited you are! Good luck with the cooking, it sounds delicious.

Unknown said...

congrats!!! I am so excited for you. <3333