Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Somewhere between HI & AL

I am sitting in the Denver airport right now in my second time zone in less than 24 hours. I have one leg left; Denver to Birmingham.

I said goodbye to Gil...yesterday which to me feels like today. I think I did pretty good. No major waterworks until I was sitting at my gate. Mom called because she couldn't sleep and she helped me get through the tears...then Gil called and it started all over again but I pulled it together and as Gil would say, 'manned up' before boarding my flight. Now I am just exausted and ready to be on the east coast.

I have been able to talk with Gil each time I have landed, hopefully I will get to talk to him one last time once I arrive in AL.

We had a good last weekend together. We went to an amazing French resaurant called La Mer on Friday. It was just like being in Paris, minus the volcanic crater and palm trees out the window. Their bread was to die for! I could have just eaten bread all night. We decided we would consider that dinner our one year anniversary celebration.

Saturday Gil went golfing and I went golf cart driving, later that night one of the other Lt's came over for dinner.

Sunday we dropped Kai off at the boarding facility. She did really well; I think she remembered the place and she seemed to have such a good time last time so I think she will have fun. The rest of the day we just ran errands and made sure that we were both packed and ready. For our last dinner we had a little picnic of wine and cheese on the living room floor; which we wouldn't have been able to do if Kai was home.

And that takes us to now...sitting on a plane somewhere between Denver and Birmingham.

I can't wait to see all of those who I am on my way to visit and thank you for all the supportive thoughts.

Lastly here is a funny picture of Kai...I don't think she liked us much after this!


-- Post From My iPhone

4 comments:

Mads said...

where's gil going?

Bridget said...

Oh gosh that's tough to say bye : ( When will you guys see each other again? It will be so nice for you to be on the east coast though that the time will seem to fly by!

Kathy Terry said...

Glad you are with friends and we can't wait to see you on Saturday. It will be fun to see all the Desroches' and their extended family, but we will all be missing Gil.

See you soon! Love you!

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

We are thinking of ya!