My first day alone with Kai; we spent it trying to teach her to sit. She has been doing it off and on when we tell her to but it isn't consistent. Today, She did really well though! We spend maybe 45 minutes to an hour and she now sits on command...sometimes it takes her a bit of time to sit but she will eventually do it. Next we are going to work on down and shake. My wish it to get them down pat before Gil comes home.
Here is a picture of Kai sleeping, just to give you an idea of how much she has grown. On our vet visit on Friday she had gained 4 pounds since our first visit so she now weighs 11 pounds!
Kai met her future playmate today. Since she is still in the process of getting her puppy shots she isn't suppose to be around other dogs or places a lot of other dogs have been (like parks and beaches) but since Meredith's puppy just finished her shots and the vet knows her dog, Meka, he said it would be safer since they know she is healthy. Well after Meredith and I went on a walk with Meka we stopped by so Meredith could see how big Kai has gotten. Both Kai and Meka were so excited to see each other. Which I was happy about because lately Kai has been getting scared by everything so I figured a dog 3 months older than her and 3x her size would terrify her. But she loved her. I am so excited!
Other than teaching Kai a bunch of tricks I am going to try and paint the office and guest bedroom. They are the only things left to paint. I am not sure if I will be able to get both done because I can only paint when Kai is sleeping but I am gonna try!
I have attached below a video of Kai during her first rainfall. The steady stream coming off the roof was quit an adventure for her...and very entertaining for me!
3 comments:
She is SO cute! And I forgot to tell you that I love the bell idea so that she can tell you when she needs to go outside : )
I love her!!! She is SO cute!
Kai is so cute! We have a yellow lab/husky that we got about a month after our wedding...i hated being home alone at night when mike worked till like midnight....anyway...she's adorable!
Post a Comment