I had a great day on Tuesday. I took Kai back to the vet due to a skin rash. He went ahead and put her on medication and only 3 days later it is already looking better. I think I wrote this on my last blog but between last Friday and Tuesday Kai gained almost three pounds! I am guessing by today she is probably about 15 pounds.
After our appointment I put her to sleep and went out with my friend Meredith. We both needed to buy paint to finish our guest bedrooms. After the hardware store we stopped by Coffee Bean and I was very excited to see that they had red velvet cupcakes. I have always been really curious about red velvet cake. Everybody seems to make such a big deal about it but I didn't find it to be that great. It just wasn't that special.
Right next to Coffee Bean is a Wine shop that I have been wanting to go into. We checked it out and I was so happy we did because I found out they also sell CHEESE!!!! I haven't found cheese that isn't processed and put in a plastic bag since I left New Hampshire, so I was very very excited! They had all my favorites. It was just like being back home. So I splurged and bought some cheese to snack on that night. I check our some of their wine but their prices were outrageous!
Since Tuesday I have been going between playing with Kai and painting. I want to get both the office and guest bedroom done before Gil comes home. It is hard because I can only paint while Kai is sleeping. Once she wakes up I have to play with her till she falls back asleep; which takes major chunks out of my day.
I am super excited about the office. I painted it a bluish color...it actually has a tent of purple but I love it. We have this great new office organizer thanks to my mom. I have been oohing and awing over it for months in the Pottery Barn catalog. Thanks to my amazing mom we now have it! I don't think we would have gotten it for a very long time if she hadn't. The best part was it was on sale! I was really happy when it arrived yesterday. I thought, 'Now I can finish the room!' but once I started to look at how to hang it up I decided to wait for Gil to come home and help. The screws are super big and it has to hang straight otherwise it won't work...and I just don't trust myself to do it alone. Once it is finished I will post pictures.
The guest bedroom is next and all I have to do in there is paint. It should be finished by this time next week.
I had a few fun sightings this week. Meredith took her pup Meka on a walk and ran into a man, who introduced us to his dog Annie. Or should I say horse! He said he had a big dog which I thought would be big like Hattie but out walked a great dane. Her head came up to my stomach. She was such a gentle giant! The owner says that she loves puppies and is very motherly around them. She also loves to lean against you which is really funny because she is 120 pounds! I really want to take Kai down there and get a picture of the two of them together.
Later in the walk we passed by the beach. There were a ton of people out but we didn't think much of it. Usually there are a lot of surfers out checking the waves. We continued to walk when we noticed all the families that lived on the beach were out in their yards. I figured there must be whales out, since there were so many people looking out to the water. We walked back to the beach entrance and sure enough I saw water spout out of the ocean, the back surface, then the tail flip out of the water. It was amazing!!! I was so excited. It seems like everybody has seen the whales and sea turtles but me.
Seeing the whale was probably the highlight of my week...oh and the cheese!!!
One more week before Gil comes home. We have another vet appointment, I have to finish painting, clean up the mess I made while Gil was gone and I also hope to go to the market on Thursday. I keep meaning to go but never make it; this week is the week!
Hope everyone had a great week and hope you have a good week coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment