One of the things my friend Meredith taught me, which she also does with her puppy, is to put a bell at the door that leads outside. Whenever you take them out to go potty you make them touch their nose to the bell. It is suppose to teach them to ring the bell when they have to go. That way you hear it and are able to let them out; preventing accidents inside. Well on Kai's very first full day at home she already did it all on her own! I couldn't believe it! She had just finished eating and walked right over to the door and hit it with her paw! I was shocked and SO excited!
Over all she is a very good puppy! She mostly sleeps right now, minus nighttime when we want her to sleep. She is getting better though. We are taking her to the vet today to get her second shot and get started on all the new puppy vaccinations.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Much more to come on puppy Kai!
No comments:
Post a Comment