Gil left early in the morning on the 22nd and came back a few hours later. After lunch though he said he had to go out again. I didn't give it a second thought. This time he said he had to go down to Honolulu. He left once again and when he got home he said I could look (which of course is always the first thing I do, but that day I was determined not to be me and totally ignore him.) He walked through the kitchen and into the living room and placed something under the tree. I was so so so determined not to look. I asked him how his shopping was and he went and sat down on the love seat. I continued to watch tv ignoring the fact that he had put a gift under the tree. Gil kept staring at me and then the tree, just smiling. I heard something move but thought it was a ornament on our tree. (Our tree is really dead now so ornaments are starting to fall off.) A few seconds later I heard something move again; by the way Gil is still smiling at me and the tree! I finally look over and a little head pops out of the top of a gift bag! I of course started crying! I was SO happy! 
We decided to name her Kai, as in Kailua, where we live. Growing up my family and I always named our dogs after where we lived. Kai also means, sea, in Hawaiian. She was born on November 13th on the Big Island, Hawaii. She is part black lab and part German short-haired pointer. She is just the cutest thing! She is so incredibly tiny! The two other dogs I have had growing up never seemed to be this tiny. Or maybe they were and but it is just hard to believe they were that tiny with how big they got. 
1 comment:
She is the best looking girl on the beach, besides her mommy, of course!
Post a Comment