Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dolphins and Sea Turtles and Sting Rays, Oh My!

Gil and I just got back from our honeymoon and I have so much to tell you. We spent a week in Waikiki/Honolulu. Our hotel was amazing. It looked right out onto the ocean.

We spent the whole week doing all the touristy things as I said in the last post. We first did a submarine dive to see the coral and sea life. The university have been working really hard to develop and grow the life down under. We got to see a bunch of different fish and I even spotted a sting ray. I was really hoping to see a sea turtle but they said the current was too strong. At the very end of the tour the guide did spot one but he had been hiding when we passed by it.

On Friday we saw Cirque Hawaii. At first it seemed like it was going to be a little cheesy but it turned out to be an amazing show. It was a very small production but definitly worth it. I can't imagine what the Vegas Cirque shows look like.

To top off the whole week, the one event I was ecstatic about, was our dolphin adventure, which was definitly worth every penny! We got into a pool with about 8 other people. We got to rub Dalia's ( the dolphin) back, belly and give her fin a little foot rub. I don't really know how describe what they feel like. The best I can do is soft, wet rubber. They took three pictures while we were in the pool we each got to have her kiss us on the cheek then we kissed them on the lips. The best part was when we went intothe deep end of the pool and Dalia swam by and we grabbed her fins and she swam us back to the group.

Below are both Gil and I kissing the dolphin.










We are now back on base and signing our lease for our house tomorrrow. We are hoping we will me able to move in on Tuesday. Wish us luck!

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: