We went to Coronado and walked the boardwalk and ended back there for dinner at a great family friendly sushi place. Our first full day we spent at Balboa Park. What a great park! There is so much to do I could have spent all weekend there. We saw a marionette puppet show, went to the science museum and rode the carousel outside the zoo. That night we drove out the Escondido and had a table full of crab. I don't consider myself a big lover of seafood but this was delicious! Our final day we woke up and went to a crepe place we saw earlier in the Gas Lamp District. Unknown to us, B was coming down with a bad cold, so breakfast was quit dramatic. Either way, the crepes were delicious and had B been feeling better I am sure she would have loved the idea of chocolate for breakfast. After breakfast we headed out to Carlsbad to see the flower fields. It was amazing. We were there right at peak, so all the flowers were in bloom. It was small but beautiful. I wish we were able to get a good family photo but B really wasn't feeling well so we walked the fields then headed home; not before I bought some bulbs and fresh flowers to take home.
All in all it was a great weekend. It was nice to explore a new city. It definitely confused me though. It didn't seem to have an identity. Boston and New York seem to have such a personality and San Diego seemed like a hodge-podge of stuff. There seems to always be things to do and tons of activities for families but the city itself was just confusing. Anybody else been to San Diego and felt that way? Or am I just missing something?
Here is a few photos from our weekend.







B checking out San Diego from Coronado.
Walking the boardwalk with Daddy.
Sushi Dinner
I love B's smile here. She seems so grown-up.
Marionette puppet show. This was 'How Much is that Doggy in the Window?'
Lunch outside the Science Museum
Playing in the Geometry Playground

B thinking she is going to get some of Mommy and Daddy's crab
Chocolate for breakfast, yum!
Pretty Flowers


No comments:
Post a Comment