Friday, February 3, 2012

That Mom

Today, I was that Mom. The one that couldn't control her little toddler. The past few days she has been a wild coyote. Now that Aubrie has figures out this walking thing, she is running everywhere and goes where she chooses, whether you want her to or not. She won't take no for an answer and whines and cries when you pick her up to prevent her from say, walking into the 'employees only' part of the coffee shop. I now understand why all moms say to enjoy them while they aren't walking because they sure are a handful once they are. No matter how crazy she gets though she is still just as cute as ever!

In-between all the craziness there was a lot of fun too. We got some of the most delicious strawberries from the farmers market, which Aubrie proceeded to devour. We also went to the park with our friends Lauren and Makaela. They looked like such grown up toddlers at the park. We also finally got to go climbing again. We had a blast and Aubrie loved playing outside in the sand all day.

That's it for now. My grandparents are arriving Sunday so we have a week full of fun activities planned. Enjoy your weekend, hope it is filled with good food and funny commercials.

Friday Photo Dump:



5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Aubrie is the most adorable little girl! Oh, and I've been that mom too. I'm sure people just smiled and said, I remember those days. I'm jealous you got out rock climbing. It looks like so much fun!

A.Desroches said...

I know nobody else was concerned or annoyed but it definitely made me realize aubrie is growing up and growing up fast. Rock climbing is so much fun! We have only been able to get out twice but we plan to get our own rope soon to learn how to set routes. Once we learn that we will be able to go out a lot more. Right now one of Gil's friends is teaching us. I can not believe how grown up Harper is! Next thing you know he will be turning 2!

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

We love to rock climb too, but since buying our own rope, I have either been pregnant or watching after our kids, so we had to temporarily stop. Hope to resume it though in a few months. Ah, as for tantrums... my parents and in-laws always laugh and say that they are happy to be the grandparents, because it´s up to the parents to calm the kids, while everyone around has fun watching them struggle :-D

Josh and Alyssa said...

We totally had a break down moment while we were out for lunch today. Poor Harper has a cold and was tired. I should have realized it was a bad idea to eat out. And yes, I can't believe he's almost 2! I just bought a clearance shirt size 3 toddler for next fall/winter. Crazy!