Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Aubrie's First Steps and Other Happenings

October 31st while skyping with Grandma Desroches, Aubrie took her first step! It wasn't on purpose and she had no idea that she did it but either way I was proud of her. I am excited that our family can still take part in these big milestones even though they live across the country.
She has been pulling herself up and walking along furniture for what seems like months now. About 1 week before her first step she started letting go of the furniture and standing on her own. She is so proud of herself when she does this. She now will stand on her own give you a big smile and start clapping her hands. She could not be happier standing on her own and expects nothing but full on excitement from us when she does.

This week she has taken two steps to turn herself in a half circle and finally while skyping (but this time with Grandma & Grandpa Terry) she took TWO steps towards the iPad, with quite a bit of purpose.

Also in October I took Aubrie to Joshua Tree National Park (JTN Park) to take a few 1 year photos. This was the first time I was trying to get some real professional looking photos of Aubrie. It was quite a challenge and children are definitely hard to photograph but I think we got a few good ones.
Aubrie also got to help carve her first pumpkin. She enjoyed eating it a little more than pulling out the guts.

New weekly post coming this Friday. See you then!

No comments: