I know it has been quite some time since I last posted...about 6 weeks actually. We have been pretty busy since September 21st. I thought I would be one of those people that once I had the baby I would stay at home for about the first month and just enjoy being at home but we ended up being really busy. We were out and about just a few days after we got home from the hospital.
We were mostly busy getting things ready for the upcoming deployment...some things were fun (like buying children's books for Aubrie for us to record Gil reading to her) some things were just business (like power of attorney's and deployment meetings.)
We did managed to get in a few fun events before Gil left. One day Gil surprised us with tickets to Cirque du Soleil: Alegria. A friend of ours let us use his apartment since he was out of town so we packed what seemed like everything we owned and traveled down to Waikiki and made a night of it. The show was amazing and Aubrie did great. She slept through the first half, ate during intermission and dozed during the second half.

The family at Cirque du Soleil
So Gil's surprise for us was Cirque du Soleil; our surprise for Gil was Merry-Hallo-Thanks-Birth-Mas. We celebrated all the holidays Gil would be missing the rest of the year. We decorated, carved our pumpkin, had a Thanksgiving/Christmas meal opened presents (deployment and birthday presents)and sang Happy Birthday over a cream puff 'cupcake.' It was a lot of fun and Gil was completely surprised.

Aubrie dressed for the occasion in her halloween tutu onsie!
Excited about surprising Daddy!
Our signage explaining the day we were getting ready to celebrate.
Eating our Thanksgiving/Christmas meal.
We combined our favorite dishes from the two holidays.

Singing "Happy Birthday"
Enjoying some family time the night before Gil left.
Sunday we celebrated Aubrie's first Halloween. We dressed her as a little ladybug. We sat on our front steps and passed out candy to all the cute little kids. There were quit a few clever costumes as well. One family that had three kids dressed as Rock, Paper, Scissors and an older kid had a t-shirt with little cereal boxes on it and blood...he was a "Cereal Killer"!

Our little ladybug and our pumpkin we carved with Daddy.

I loved the little wings on her back.
On another note I have started to learn how to get things done when she doesn't want to sleep or sit in her bouncy chair. Sometimes you just want to be held by mommy which is where the Bjorn comes in!

Cooking dinner with Mommy!
Lastly, we have had our last doctors appointment with Dr. Durkin for Aubrie's hips. Since she was born breach there is a concern for hip dsyplasia. She showed a few signs so we had an ultrasound done at 2 weeks and 6 weeks. If it doesn't correct itself she will have to wear a pavlic harness, which is more upsetting to Mommy than her. Our appointment today showed that her right hip has corrected itself and her left hip is only 2 degrees off. Since she has gotten so much better Dr. Durkin thinks her left hip will fix itself so we are going to have another scan in about a month and from there we will determine if she needs the harness. It looks like we may get away without having a harness at all which would make me very happy!
We are in Hawaii for another 2 weeks then Mom, Baby, Grandma and puppy all fly to NH for the holiday season. We will be in Ohio for Thanksgiving, New Hampshire for Christmas and Florida for New Years.
I will try to start posting more regularly now that we have somewhat of a routine down.
Till next time.
2 comments:
How long is Gil's deployment? I'm glad you have your family around you for support. You're so strong to be able to do this!
Aubrie is so precious. I can't wait to spend time with both of you in January!!!
Gil's deployment is 7 to 8 months. It is definitely nice to have family around and it will be great for the holidays.
I also can't wait to meet up in January. It is very exciting to be able to meet up with old friends and introduce our babies to one another! Boy have we grown up!
Post a Comment