The past year has been full of exciting change. We not only graduated from college but Gil decided to join the Marine Corps and I traveled to Spain to try my hand at Spanish once more. Also, after six and a half years of dating Gil and I finally tied the knot. On top of that we found out that our first duty station will be Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii! 
It has been an emotional year with me living in New Hampshire at my parents house, working and planning our wedding and Gil in Virginia going through OCS (Officer Candidate School), TBS (The Basic School), and IOC (Infantry Officer Course.) Now after 4 graduations, Gil is finally done with school...at least for now.

Our wedding took place in New Hampshire at my parents house. It was a perfect day and I couldn't have dreamt of anything more. Both of our families flew in for the occasion. Many of our high school friends who we hadn't seen in years as well as our college friends flew in for our wedding. So many of them put other things on hold to make it to our wedding and we are so appreciative of that! It wouldn't have been the same without them.

After six months of planning the day had finally arrived! The weather was perfect, the chairs were set out, the decorations were up and it was finally time to get married! Everything went off without a hitch. The gathering of old and new friends and family was great. Everybody made the party phenomenal. The food was amazing, the music was great and the storm held off till the very end. We would both like to thank everyone who came out to celebrate with us, it meant a lot.

It has been an emotional year with me living in New Hampshire at my parents house, working and planning our wedding and Gil in Virginia going through OCS (Officer Candidate School), TBS (The Basic School), and IOC (Infantry Officer Course.) Now after 4 graduations, Gil is finally done with school...at least for now.

Our wedding took place in New Hampshire at my parents house. It was a perfect day and I couldn't have dreamt of anything more. Both of our families flew in for the occasion. Many of our high school friends who we hadn't seen in years as well as our college friends flew in for our wedding. So many of them put other things on hold to make it to our wedding and we are so appreciative of that! It wouldn't have been the same without them.

After six months of planning the day had finally arrived! The weather was perfect, the chairs were set out, the decorations were up and it was finally time to get married! Everything went off without a hitch. The gathering of old and new friends and family was great. Everybody made the party phenomenal. The food was amazing, the music was great and the storm held off till the very end. We would both like to thank everyone who came out to celebrate with us, it meant a lot.
The very next day Gil and I were up at 4 a.m. taking him back to the airport to get back to IOC! Of course the roller coaster didn't end with our wedding day. He went back to school and I stayed in New Hampshire and packed up all of our gifts. I traveled to Virginia a few days later with my dad and got settled into our apartment. Of course we were only there long enough to get settled when the movers were knocking on our door to pack all of our things back up. Sometimes I wonder why we ever unpacked at all.
Now, my little Ford Focus is on a boat headed to Hawaii and all of our things are in crates, which we are hoping will arrive in Hawaii sooner rather than later. We have left our little apartment in Virginia to travel back up to New Hampshire one last time for who knows how long.We are spending our last week in NH with my parents, NY with his Aunt's and Boston with his brothers. It is bittersweet spending time with everybody because we don't know when the next time we will be back on the main land.
After a very eventful year we are off on yet another adventure...Hawaii! I am not sure what to expect but we are both very excited to begin our life together.
I think that will be it for our first post. We fly out on Saturday and finally begin our honeymoon and hopefully when we return we will have a house waiting for us. I am not sure how much access I will have to a computer since mine is on a boat somewhere but I will update as much as I can. There will be lots of tropical pictures on the way as well.
1 comment:
Hey Amanda! I LOVED your post! The way you described all the changes in your life is exactly what I'm feeling/going through right now! Mike and I packed up all of our things for a temporary move to New Mexico for more training. Then we're off to Yokota, Japan! You know, we will actually be pretty close and I plan on going to Hawaii a lot (as you should come to Japan) so we need to get together at some point!
Mike will have to fly in for the weekend for our wedding as well and then leave early Sunday morning to go back to NM. I will do the same thing and stay behind to pack up our gifts and get them shipped off to Japan. Military life is hectic and unexpected but, like you guys, we will be able to experience these adventures on our own and strengthen our relationships!
Good luck with everything! I'm so excited for you both!
Post a Comment